Original Meme by Jay G on YouTube, here.
1. January (GARNET): Associated with warding off negative forces and dark energies – Name a book with the darkest/evilest character you can think of.
There’s actually a few super-dark/ evil characters in this, all in their own different ways.
2. February (AMETHYST):Purple is associated with royalty – Name a book with regal qualities… You can base this off of characters or choose the King of all books
I’m currently reading this one, it features a lot of royal characters, intrigues and politics.
3. March (AQUAMARINE): Washed out – Name a ‘wishy washy’ character, a character who is not strong or a follower
As much as I loved her, Alice is a little ‘wishy washy’ an scatter brained.
4. April (DIAMOND): A diamond in the rough – Name a book that you loved but is not well known
A touching romance and exciting fantasy quest but which somehow has less than 700 ratings on Goodreads.
5. May (EMERALD): Said to balance energy – Name two characters who balance each other well
Batman and Robin always balance each other, but I especially like this version (Dick and Damien). It’s fun to have a grumpy/ anti-social Robin and a chipper, wise-cracking Batman.
6. June (PEARL):
Associated with loyalty – Name a character who is loyal to the end
Artemis’ bodyguard, Butler, is devoted to him and constantly puts his own life at risk to protect him. He’s also my favourite character 🙂
7. July (RUBY):
Blood red – Name a book that made your blood boil, one that made you angry
From Lena Dunham quotes/ bits and pieces I’ve seen online I really wanted to like this but I hated it and gave it just 1 star.
8. August (PERIDOT):
Pale green (it pales in comparison to other gems) – Name a supporting character who you like better than the main character
I found Piper and Leo more interesting and developed than Jason.
9. September (SAPPHIRE):
Blue like the ocean which is calming – Name a book that had a calming affect on you
Don’t ask me why, but I find murder-mystery detective type books quiet soothing.
10. October (OPAL): Iridescent
Name an iridescent book, this can be a book with a beautiful cover (Shiny? Lots of color?) or you can base it off of a character (Quirky? Colorful?)
This cover totally convinced me to buy the book. There’s a lot of Alice reimagings out there, but the covers on this series definitely set them apart.
11. November (TOPAZ):
Associated with resilience – Name a books with a character who rises to the top in a time of adversity
Wade has a rough time in the ‘real’ world but he proves himself in Utopia and on his quest to win Halliday’s prize.
12. December (BLUE ZIRCON):
Associated with friendship – Name a book with a friendship you want to be a part of
C’mon. Who doesn’t want to be a part of the golden trio? Or the DA. Or the Hogwarts students in general?