Katie at Books and Things (of the Victober and Jane Austen July readathons) is running a new classics readathon next month. I’ve not read any classics so far this year, and I’ve had all of these on multiple TBRs over the last year so this seems like a really good time to make a real attempt.
1. Read a book published 1900–1950 from the country you’re from
- Rebecca (1938) // Daphne du Maurier
- Guard Your Daughters (1953) // Diana Tutton
- Vera (1921) // Elizabeth von Arnim
- Fräulein Schmidt and Mr Anstruther (1907) // Elizabeth von Arnim
2. Read a book published 1900–1950 from a different country
- The House of Mirth (1905) // Edith Wharton
3. Read a genre classic, published 1900–1950 (such as classic crime, classic sci-fi, classic fantasy, historical fiction, etc)
- High Wages (1930) // Dorothy Whipple [A stretch, but set c1912 into the 1920s so I’m calling it historical fiction]
4. Read something published 1900–1950 that isn’t a novel (such as non-fiction, plays, poetry, short stories, etc)
- The Adventures of Elizabeth in Rugen (1904) // Elizabeth von Arnim
5. Read a work of literature published 1900–1950 set during or exploring WWI or WWII
- I’ll be passing on this prompt.