I was nominated by Leslie at Books Are the New Black for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It’s taken me forever to post this, but thank you! You can check out her questions and answers over at her post, here.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
Most anticipated book coming out?
Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan just came out on November 6th.
Your favorite book of the year, so far?
NO WAY I CAN PICK JUST ONE!
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
What Kitty Did Next by Carrie Kablean
Last book that made you ugly cry?
We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
Name two books that you would/do recommend to everyone?
This is the most evil question ever! I don’t think there are books I’d universally recommend but two I think come close are The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid and The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller.
Show me a picture of your bookshelf!
Three words to describe what books mean to you.
…. Connection and Adventure.
Some books let you explore exciting new worlds and experiences, other make you feel like the author or character really understands you in some way.
Your favorite book friendship?
Evelyn and Harry from The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid [I know, I know. I’ve used it a few time now, what can I say?] I really liked Elena and Fadil in The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza by Shaun David Hutchinson too.
Have you discovered a new author that you loved, this year?
Loads! I think I’ve actually read more books from new-to-me authors than not this year.
Bookmarks or dog-ears?
Bookmarks. BUT by bookmarks I often mean torn scraps and receipts.
Do you prefer one POV or multiple POV’s?
I’m sure my actual reading habits will prove me a liar, but off the top of my head I’d say one? I like multi-POV if it has a purpose. If it’s just to show The Boy and The Girl, and the story could be told by one then it irks me.
Buy books, borrow or both?
Both. Now that I’ve moved I’m really keen to support my library but I also have so little impulse control I buy a lot of books as they occur to me. Also, if I love a borrowed book, I’ll usually get myself a copy to keep and support the author more too.
Nicole @ Bookwyrmknits
Greg @ Gregs Bookhaven
Alexa @ Golden x library
Barb B (boxermommyreads)
I’m only going to pick a couple (because I’m lazy) … and just nominate anyone reading this who thinks they’d like to answer these.
- Which book cover makes you swoon?
- If you could combine two favourite [books, shows etc.], what would they be and what would it create?
- Which genre do you read the least?
- Which trope do you love?
- Which trope do you hate?
- Which character are you most like? And do you actually like them?
- Paperback, hardback, ebook, audiobook or other?
- Most anticipated book for 2019?
- Lowest rated book you’ve read this year?
- What’s your favourite blog post you’ve recently published?
- Which weekly memes [Top Ten Tuesday etc] do you take part in? If you don’t take part in any, are there any you enjoy reading?