Lauren from Comma Hangover nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you! You can read her awesome answers over here. I know a lot of us as busy this month gearing up for Halloween and NaNoWriMo, so I’ve not nominated anyone in particular. If you’re reading this, and my questions at the end interest you, then you’re nominated!
To accept this award, I must:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
1. What constitutes a 5-star read for you? And what was the last book you read that met that criteria?
I have to love it. The book doesn’t need to be absolutely perfect but I have to love it. I have to think I’d want to reread it in future, and want to rec it to everyone I know, not just the people that like to read within that genre.
My last five star reads were A Taste for Monsters and The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue.
2. If you had to describe yourself in the personality of three fictional characters (books, tv, movies all accepted) who would they be and why?
Sucy Manbavaran from Little Witch Academia, Daria Morgendorffer from Daria and Usagi Tsukino from Sailor Moon.
3. When you are traveling, what is one thing that you would be lost without?
Passport, tickets and my Kindle and I’m good to go. I just bought myself a stunning Donald Duck passport holder in Disneyland Paris.
4. If you could be a magical witch or wizard, or a prodigy at one particular skill, which would you want to be and why?
I’d be a witch. Cause them I’d have magic and wouldn’t care about any of the other skills I’m lacking
6. If a fictional character could cook you one meal, who would it be and what would they cook?
The diners Matthew Clairmont served in A Discovery of Witches made my mouth water.
7. What is your favorite article of clothing?
I have a couple of really cosy winter jumpers which I adore and an awesome pair of Harry Potter lounge pants.
8. What is the best first line you’ve ever read in any work of literature?
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” — Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Who doesn’t know this one, right?
9. How do you feel about reading classics? Are there any you feel like you want to read in the future?
I wouldn’t force myself or anyone else to read a classic just because they’re ‘a classic’ but there are a bunch I really do like – Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Wives and Daughters, Frankenstein. I’d like to read (the rest of) The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Mansfield Park (I’ve only seen the adaption).
10. Do you use bookmarks? Show us your favorites from your collection.
My current favourite is from m-scuito.tumblr.com. It’s the Belle one. I want to get myself a couple more from this photo too.
11. Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?
Sweet. I’m a total chocoholic. And popcorn. Or how about both together? My absolute favourite sweet treat is Häagen-Dazs Salted Caramel Ice Cream
1. What can’t you stop yourself buying (other than books)?
2. What’s your favourite fairy tale or mythological story?
3. Do you have a favourite time period to read about? What is it?
4. What’s your favourite TV show, either ended or still running?
5. What’s your favourite book category – MG, YA, adult etc.
6. Which is you favourite book that isn’t from the above category?
7. What is your favourite song right now?
8. How did your blog get it’s name?
9. Are there any hyped/popular books you didn’t like?
10. Which books haven’t you finished? Are there any you totally mean to get back to?
11. Which movie has done a book justice?