Sinead from Huntress of Diverse Books nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. You can read her awesome answers — which book intimidated her, and which is her favourite fictional sport — over here.
To accept this award, I must:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
1. What is your favourite time of the day to read?
My favourite time to read is just before bed, but I actually do more of my reading via audiobook on my way to and from work. I also love mid-afternoon coffee shop reading when I’ve a day off work.
2. Do you like to listen to music while reading? If yes, what kind of music?
I get too easily distracted to listen to music and read at the same time. I tend to tune out the music or stare at the page so there’s not much point.
3. What was your favourite book/series in your childhood?
The first books I really remember checking out from the library again and again were the Flossie Teacake series and the Vlad the Drac books. I also really liked Jill Murphy (The Large Family and then The Worst Witch) and Roald Dahl.
4. What is your favourite trope to read about?
Chosen Ones, underdogs, pretend-to-be-a-couple romances, kick-ass women (in any form)
5. How much do book covers influence your reading choices?
A lot. A pretty cover or interesting title will always catch my eye. I’ll read the blurb too, but the cover is often what first draws me in.
6. What do you most enjoy about book blogging?
It’s just so much fun getting to gush and rave about books I’ve loved — far more than I’d get away with with my non-blogger friends. And other bloggers always have have the best book recs.
7. What hobbies, other than reading, do you have? I am assuming that one of your hobbies is reading, since I’ve nominated book bloggers.
I like making things and I’ll try most types of crafts. I really like embroidery but at the moment I’m making Disney ears for me and my friends to wear to Disneyland, and sewing up a couple of dozen toys my grandma knitted so she can donate them to the local women’s shelter.
8. Which character do you wish you were friends with in real life?
Tricky… being friends with most protagonists would set you up for a lot of trouble! I remember really liking Swift from The Edge of the Abyss and Hitomi from the Sunbolt series. If it was someone would actually get along with probably someone a little more jaded and cynical. Maybe Haymitch from The Hunger Games… Or t.v. Hawkeye from M*A*S*H.
9. Which character’s wardrobe would you like to have?
Awesome question! Kell’s coat from the Shades of Magic series? Or Harry Dresden’s magical rings and amulets. Or the magical, haphazard, colourful clothes in Furthermore?
10. What medium do you prefer for your reading? Paperbacks, e-book readers, PC, hardcovers, etc?
I like reading hardbacks so I don’t crack the spines, I like paperbacks for putting up on my bookshelf, I like my e-books for carrying around and I like audiobooks for reading on the go.
11. In which bookish universe would you like to live?
Something with magic. Maybe Harry Potter or Tamora Pierce’s Circle of Magic?
1. What was your last 5 star read?
2. What was your last DNF (or the one you came closest to DNFing)?
3. If you were to cosplay as a literary character, who would it be?
4. Do you reread old favourites?
5. Which book made you hungry?
6. Have you ever tried or made any book-inspired foods?
7. Which Game of Thrones or Hogwarts House would choose?
8. What three people would you invite to a dinner party?
9. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
10. If you could learn any one skill instantly, what would it be?
11. What would be your superhero or supervillain origin story?