I love this award because it’s so much fun to go through everyone’s answers, especially the random and non-book related ones. We get to know everyone a little bit better and usually get some really interesting recs to check out. Thank you to the lovely notsomoderngirl for nominating me to answers 🙂
– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What is your favourite season and why?
Autumn. It’s cool enough to put on hats and scarves but not the lose-a-limb cold of winter. Plus, PSLs and Halloween.
2. What is your favourite book at the moment and why do you love it so much?
My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows but I don’t know why exactly XD Comedies aren’t usually my thing but this one mixes history, romance, fantasy, humour and politics all together and I loved every page.
3. What is your favourite TV programme at the moment?
So many! At the moment though I’m mostly excited by The Walking Dead and Wynonna Earp while binge watching Dexter.
4. If you were stranded on a desert island, which book would you want to be with you?
So cruel! I can’t possibly choose just one. Maybe Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett? I reread it lots of times and haven’t tired of it yet.
5. Have you ever read a book that made you cry? What was it?
I read The Song of Achilles this year and it broke my heart. The worst part was the sense of on-coming dread throughout because you knew how it would ultimately have to end.
6. Which book character would you love to be for a day?
I always wanted to be Daine from The Immortals books. She could talk to, and turn into animals as well as shooting a bow like a bad-ass, having a adoptive dragon and well… Numair was a hottie. 😉
7. What is your ultimate literary couple?
I’m honestly drawing a blank. Loads probably, canon and not, but none are standing out right now. I think I usually go for the canon couple as long as I like the individuals enough.
8. What books did you read this October and how would you rate them?
5* My Lady Jane
4* The Last Guardian, An Ember in the Ashes, Heartborn, Three Dark Crowns, Darkness, We Have Always Lived in the Castle, Anna Dressed in Blood.
3* Vassa in the Night, Hollow City
9. What’s your favourite foreign film?
Jean Cocteau’s La Belle et la Bête (1946). It’s beautiful and a slightly different take on the story — closer to the original fairytale I think. I’ve been meaning to watch the 2014 version which looks stunning.
10. Are there any books you’ve started and not been able to finish?
Not really. I pick books I expect to enjoy and tend to finish even if I hate it. That said, I am halfway through both The Three Musketeers and Sabriel, but I do intend to finish them one day.
11. What song do you listen to on repeat?
I love musical soundtracks and had The Book of Mormon and Hamilton on loop recently.
My nominations (sorry if you’ve been named before and, of course, there’s no pressure on anyone to answer):
Suzanne @ The Bookish Libra
Katrina @ Kaleidoscope of Books
Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews
Lori @ Pure Imagination Blog
Megan @ Bookslayer Reads
Emily @ Emily at the Library
Lynn @ Lynns Books
Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm
Jane @ Rain City Librarian
Lauren @ Never Anyone Else
And anyone who wants to.
1.Which 3 literary characters describe you?
2. Do you have any non-reading/blogging hobbies?
3. What November /December release are you most looking forward to?
4. Which do you prefer: TV series or movies?
5. Which book or series would you most like to see adapted for the screen?
6. What type of posts do you enjoy writing most?
7. Which is your favourite genre?
8. Which is your least favourite genre?
9. What’s your favourite thing about yourself?
10. Favourite underrated author?
11. Favourite snack?