“Ten Characters I’d Name A Child/Dog/Cat/Car/Etc. After” From The Broke and the Bookish.
Okay, the first one’s easy. Here’s my cat, Mab, we got her from a rescue centre when she was a kitten. When we went to pick her up, the woman that was her ‘foster-mother’ at the centre described her as ‘boisterous’ (aka a little monster) who bullied the other kittens.
2. Hermione: The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
3. Hawkeye: M*A*S*H by Richard Hooker
This one is a bit of a cheat. Firstly Hawkeye is actually named after a character himself, from The Last of the Mohicans. Secondly, I don’t actually like the book version of this character, I will however, forever adore Alan Alda’s interpretation in the tv series.
4. Esme: The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett
6. Athena: Rick Riordan’s series and Greek mythology in general.
7. Sansa: A Song of Ice and Fire by G.R.R. Martin
8. Feyre: A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas
9. Bram/ Blue: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
10. Daine/ Alanna: The Tortall series by Tamora Pierce
These two were my heroes as a kid, and I still love both the names.